ICD-10-CM Code P81.9
Disturbance of temperature regulation of newborn, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Newborn OnlyCode is only used for patients less than 1 year old.
P81.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of disturbance of temperature regulation of newborn, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for P81.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Fever of newborn NOS
- DRG Group #794 - Neonate with other significant problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- < 29.0 days
- Fever with chills (finding)
- Slightly remittent fever (finding)
- Gradual rise of fever (finding)
- On examination - fever-gradual fall-lysis (finding)
- Gradual fall of fever (finding)
- On examination - fever - acute rise (finding)
- On examination - fever - gradual rise (finding)
- On examination - fever - continuous (finding)
- On examination - fever - irregular (finding)
- On examination - fever - fast fall-crisis (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P81.9 - Disturbance of temperature regulation of newborn, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P81.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code P81.9 and a single ICD9 code, 778.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.