ICD-10-CM Code S05.1
Contusion of eyeball and orbital tissues
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S05.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of S05.1 that describes the diagnosis 'contusion of eyeball and orbital tissues' in more detail.
- S05.1 Contusion of eyeball and orbital tissues NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for S05.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Traumatic hyphema
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Black eye NOS - instead, use code S00.1
- Contusion of eyelid and periocular area - instead, use code S00.1
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Traumatic hyphema (disorder)
- Contusion of ocular adnexa and periocular tissues (disorder)
- Contusion of globe of eye (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S05.1 - Contusion of eyeball and orbital tissues'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S05.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.