ICD-10-CM Code T75
Other and unspecified effects of other external causes
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T75 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of T75 that describes the diagnosis 'other and unspecified effects of other external causes' in more detail.
- T75 Other and unspecified effects of other external causes NON-BILLABLE
- T75.0 Effects of lightning NON-BILLABLE
- T75.1 Unspecified effects of drowning and nonfatal submersion NON-BILLABLE
- T75.2 Effects of vibration NON-BILLABLE
- T75.3 Motion sickness NON-BILLABLE
- T75.4 Electrocution NON-BILLABLE
- T75.8 Other specified effects of external causes NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for T75 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Adverse effects NEC - instead, use code T78.-
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Burns (electric) - instead, use Section T20-T31
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category See Code T75
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T75 - Other and unspecified effects of other external causes'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T75. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
ICD-10-CM External Cause Index References for 'T75 - Other and unspecified effects of other external causes'
The ICD-10-CM External Cause Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T75. Click on any term below to browse the external cause index.