ICD-10-CM Code Z15
Genetic susceptibility to disease
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z15 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of Z15 that describes the diagnosis 'genetic susceptibility to disease' in more detail.
- Z15 Genetic susceptibility to disease NON-BILLABLE
- Z15.0 Genetic susceptibility to NON-BILLABLE
- Z15.01 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of breast BILLABLE
- Z15.02 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of ovary BILLABLE
- Z15.03 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of prostate BILLABLE
- Z15.04 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of endometrium BILLABLE
- Z15.09 Genetic susceptibility to other malignant neoplasm BILLABLE
- Z15.8 Genetic susceptibility to disease NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Z15 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Confirmed abnormal gene
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code, if applicable, for any associated family history of the disease See Section Z80-Z84
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Chromosomal anomalies - instead, use Section Q90-Q99