ICD-10-CM Section Z18
Retained foreign body fragments
- Z18 Retained foreign body fragments NON-BILLABLE
- Z18.0 Retained fragments NON-BILLABLE
- Z18.1 Retained fragments NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z18.2 Retained fragments
- Z18.3 Retained fragments NON-BILLABLE
- Z18.8 foreign body NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z18.9 Retained foreign body
Coding Notes for Section Z18
- Section Notes:
- Z codes represent reasons for encounters. A corresponding procedure code must accompany a Z code if a procedure is performed. Categories Section Z00-Z99 are provided for occasions when circumstances other than a disease, injury or external cause classifiable to categories A00-Y89 are recorded as 'diagnoses' or 'problems'. This can arise in two main ways:
- (a) When a person who may or may not be sick encounters the health services for some specific purpose, such as to receive limited care or service for a current condition, to donate an organ or tissue, to receive prophylactic vaccination (immunization), or to discuss a problem which is in itself not a disease or injury.
- (b) When some circumstance or problem is present which influences the person's health status but is not in itself a current illness or injury.