ICD-10-CM Section Z14-Z15
Genetic carrier and genetic susceptibility to disease
- Z15 Genetic susceptibility to disease NON-BILLABLE
- Z15.0 Genetic susceptibility to NON-BILLABLE
- Z15.01 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of breast BILLABLE
- Z15.02 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of ovary BILLABLE
- Z15.03 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of prostate BILLABLE
- Z15.04 Genetic susceptibility to malignant neoplasm of endometrium BILLABLE
- Z15.09 Genetic susceptibility to other malignant neoplasm BILLABLE
- Z15.8 Genetic susceptibility to disease NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Section Z14-Z15
- Section Notes:
- Z codes represent reasons for encounters. A corresponding procedure code must accompany a Z code if a procedure is performed. Categories Section Z00-Z99 are provided for occasions when circumstances other than a disease, injury or external cause classifiable to categories A00-Y89 are recorded as 'diagnoses' or 'problems'. This can arise in two main ways:
- (a) When a person who may or may not be sick encounters the health services for some specific purpose, such as to receive limited care or service for a current condition, to donate an organ or tissue, to receive prophylactic vaccination (immunization), or to discuss a problem which is in itself not a disease or injury.
- (b) When some circumstance or problem is present which influences the person's health status but is not in itself a current illness or injury.