ICD-10-CM Code B10.0
Other human herpesvirus encephalitis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code B10.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of B10.0 that describes the diagnosis 'other human herpesvirus encephalitis' in more detail.
- B10.0 Other human herpesvirus encephalitis NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for B10.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Herpes encephalitis NOS - instead, use code B00.4
- Herpes simplex encephalitis - instead, use code B00.4
- Human herpesvirus encephalitis - instead, use code B00.4
- Simian B herpes virus encephalitis - instead, use code B00.4
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B10.0 - Other human herpesvirus encephalitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B10.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.