ICD-10-CM Code B49
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B49 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified mycosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B49 is used to code Fungal keratitis
A fungal keratitis is an 'inflammation of the eye's cornea' (called keratitis) that results from infection by a fungal organism. Keratomycosis is the Greek terminology equivalent of fungal keratitis - it is the fungal infection of the cornea, the anterior part of the eye which covers the pupil. Those experiencing these symptoms are typically advised to immediately visit the appropriate eyecare professional.
Coding Notes for B49 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Fungemia NOS
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute fungal tubulointerstitial nephritis (disorder)
- Fungal esophagitis (disorder)
- Fungal ventriculitis, brain (disorder)
- Fungal gastroenteritis (disorder)
- Fungal infection associated with peritoneal dialysis catheter (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B49 - Unspecified mycosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B49. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B49 and a single ICD9 code, 117.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.