ICD-10-CM Code C09.0
Malignant neoplasm of tonsillar fossa
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C09.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of tonsillar fossa. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C090 is used to code HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer
Human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive oropharyngeal cancer (OPC) also known as HPV16+ oropharyngeal cancer or HPV+ OPC is a recognized subtype of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas (OSCC), associated with the HPV type 16 virus.
HPV positive HNSCC (in situ hybridization)
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #146-148 - Ear, nose, mouth and throat malignancy without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C09.0 - Malignant neoplasm of tonsillar fossa'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C09.0. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 146.1 was previously used, C09.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.