ICD-10-CM Code C16.0
Malignant neoplasm of cardia
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C16.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of cardia. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C16 is used to code Stomach cancer
Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, is cancer developing from the lining of the stomach. Early symptoms may include heartburn, upper abdominal pain, nausea and loss of appetite. Later signs and symptoms may include weight loss, yellow skin and whites of the eyes, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, and blood in the stool among others. The cancer may spread from the stomach to other parts of the body, particularly the liver, lungs, bones, lining of the abdomen and lymph nodes.
|ICD 9 Code:||151|
A stomach ulcer that was diagnosed as cancer on biopsy and surgically removed.
Coding Notes for C16.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of cardiac orifice
- Malignant neoplasm of cardio-esophageal junction
- Malignant neoplasm of esophagus and stomach
- Malignant neoplasm of gastro-esophageal junction
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #374-376 - Digestive malignancy without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Malignant neoplasm of cardioesophageal junction of stomach (disorder)
- Siewert type I adenocarcinoma of esophagogastric junction (disorder)
- Siewert type III adenocarcinoma of esophagogastric junction (disorder)
- Lymphoma of cardioesophageal junction (disorder)
- Siewert type II adenocarcinoma of esophagogastric junction (disorder)
- Carcinoma of cardia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C16.0 - Malignant neoplasm of cardia'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C16.0. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 151.0 was previously used, C16.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.