ICD-10-CM Code C40.00
Malignant neoplasm of scapula and long bones of unspecified upper limb
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C40.00 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of scapula and long bones of unspecified upper limb. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C40 is used to code Bone tumor
A bone tumor, (also spelled bone tumour), is a neoplastic growth of tissue in bone. Abnormal growths found in the bone can be either benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous).
|ICD 9 Code:||170.9|
Micrograph of an osteosarcoma, a malignant primary bone tumor.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with MCC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with CC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary malignant neoplasm of radius (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of ulna (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C40.00 and a single ICD9 code, 170.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.