ICD-10-CM Code C49.5
Malignant neoplasm of connective and soft tissue of pelvis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C49.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of connective and soft tissue of pelvis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C49 is used to code Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) is a very rare tumor. It is a rare neoplasm of the dermis layer of the skin, and is classified as a sarcoma. There is only about one case per million per year. DFSP is a fibrosarcoma, more precisely a cutaneous soft tissue sarcoma. In many respects, the disease behaves as a benign tumor, but in 2–5% of cases it can metastasize, so it should be considered to have malignant potential. It occurs most often in adults in their thirties; it has been described congenitally, in children, and the elderly. It accounts for approximately 2–6% of soft tissue sarcoma cancers.
|MeSH Codes:||D018223, D018223, D018223, D018223|
|ICD 9 Codes:||883.2, 883.3, 883.2, 883.3|
Histopathological image of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Local recurrence long after the first excision. H&E stain
Coding Notes for C49.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of buttock
- Malignant neoplasm of groin
- Malignant neoplasm of perineum
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with MCC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with CC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary malignant neoplasm of blood vessel of inguinal region (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of soft tissues of buttock (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of blood vessel of buttock (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of blood vessel of pelvis (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of muscle of inguinal region (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of soft tissues of inguinal region (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C49.5 - Malignant neoplasm of connective and soft tissue of pelvis'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C49.5. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code C49.5 and a single ICD9 code, 171.6 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.