ICD-10-CM Code D04.5
Carcinoma in situ of skin of trunk
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D04.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of carcinoma in situ of skin of trunk. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for D04.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Carcinoma in situ of anal margin
- Carcinoma in situ of anal skin
- Carcinoma in situ of perianal skin
- Carcinoma in situ of skin of breast
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Carcinoma in situ of anus NOS - instead, use code D01.3
- Carcinoma in situ of scrotum - instead, use code D07.61
- Carcinoma in situ of skin of genital organs - instead, use code D07.-
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Carcinoma in situ of skin of axilla (disorder)
- Bowen's disease of skin of buttock (disorder)
- Carcinoma in situ of skin of groin (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D04.5 - Carcinoma in situ of skin of trunk'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D04.5. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D04.5 and a single ICD9 code, 232.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.