ICD-10-CM Code D14.1
Benign neoplasm of larynx
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D14.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of benign neoplasm of larynx. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D141 is used to code Laryngeal papillomatosis
Laryngeal papillomatosis, also known as recurrent respiratory papillomatosis or glottal papillomatosis or associated with condyloma acuminata, is a rare medical condition (2 per 100,000 adults and 4.5 per 100,000 children),:411 caused by an HPV infection of the throat.:411 Laryngeal papillomatosis causes assorted tumors or papillomas to develop over a period. Without treatment it is potentially fatal as uncontrolled growths could obstruct the airway. Laryngeal papillomatosis is caused by HPV types 6 and 11, in which benign tumors form on the larynx or other areas of the respiratory tract. These tumors can recur frequently, may require repetitive surgery, and may interfere with breathing. The disease can be treated with surgery and antivirals.
|ICD 9 Code:
Coding Notes for D14.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Adenomatous polyp of larynx
- Benign neoplasm of epiglottis (suprahyoid portion)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Benign neoplasm of epiglottis, anterior aspect - instead, use code D10.5
- Polyp (nonadenomatous) of vocal cord or larynx - instead, use code J38.1
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Benign neoplasm of laryngeal aspect of interarytenoid fold (disorder)
- Benign neoplasm of subglottis (disorder)
- Benign tumor of suprahyoid epiglottis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D14.1 - Benign neoplasm of larynx'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D14.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D14.1 - Benign neoplasm of larynx'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D14.1. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 212.1 was previously used, D14.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.