ICD-10-CM Code D43.1
Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of brain, infratentorial
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D43.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of neoplasm of uncertain behavior of brain, infratentorial. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for D43.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of brain stem
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of cerebellum
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of fourth ventricle
- DRG Group #054-055 - Nervous system neoplasms with MCC.
- DRG Group #054-055 - Nervous system neoplasms without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Pilocytic astrocytoma of cerebellum (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D43.1 - Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of brain, infratentorial'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D43.1. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D43.1 and a single ICD9 code, 237.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.