ICD-10-CM Code D49.7
Neoplasm of unspecified behavior of endocrine glands and other parts of nervous system
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D49.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of neoplasm of unspecified behavior of endocrine glands and other parts of nervous system. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for D49.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Neoplasm of unspecified behavior of peripheral, sympathetic, and parasympathetic nerves and ganglia - instead, use code D49.2
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Neoplasm of optic nerve and sheath (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D49.7 - Neoplasm of unspecified behavior of endocrine glands and other parts of nervous system'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D49.7. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 239.7 was previously used, D49.7 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.