ICD-10-CM Code E29.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Male OnlyCode is only used for male patients.
E29.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of testicular hypofunction. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E291 is used to code 5-alpha-reductase deficiency
5α-Reductase deficiency (5-ARD) is an autosomal recessive intersex condition caused by a mutation of the 5α reductase type II gene.
|ICD 9 Codes:||257.2, 752.7|
5-alpha reductase produces dihydrotestosterone
Coding Notes for E29.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Defective biosynthesis of testicular androgen NOS
- 5-delta-Reductase deficiency (with male pseudohermaphroditism)
- Testicular hypogonadism NOS
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Postprocedural testicular hypofunction - instead, use code E89.5
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Male (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E29.1 - Testicular hypofunction'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E29.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 257.2 was previously used, E29.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.