ICD-10-CM Code E34.3
Short stature due to endocrine disorder
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E34.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of short stature due to endocrine disorder. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E343 is used to code Laron syndrome
Laron's syndrome, or Laron-type dwarfism, is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by an insensitivity to growth hormone (GH), usually caused by a mutant growth hormone receptor. It causes short stature and a resistance to insulin or even a rare form of diabetes mellitus type 2 and cancer. It can be treated with injections of recombinant IGF-1.
|MeSH Codes:||D046150, , ,|
|ICD 9 Codes:||259.4, , 783.43, 783.43|
Coding Notes for E34.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Constitutional short stature
- Laron-type short stature
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Achondroplastic short stature - instead, use code Q77.4
- Hypochondroplastic short stature - instead, use code Q77.4
- Nutritional short stature - instead, use Code E45
- Pituitary short stature - instead, use code E23.0
- Progeria - instead, use code E34.8
- Renal short stature - instead, use code N25.0
- Russell-Silver syndrome - instead, use code Q87.1
- Short-limbed stature with immunodeficiency - instead, use code D82.2
- Short stature in specific dysmorphic syndromes - code to syndrome - see Alphabetical Index
- Short stature NOS - instead, use code R62.52
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E34.3 - Short stature due to endocrine disorder'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E34.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 259.4 was previously used, E34.3 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.