ICD-10-CM Code E87.2
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E87.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acidosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E872 is used to code Normal anion gap acidosis
Coding Notes for E87.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Acidosis NOS
- Lactic acidosis
- Metabolic acidosis
- Respiratory acidosis
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Diabetic acidosis - see categories - instead, use Section E08-E10, E13 with ketoacidosis
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes with MCC.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Kussmaul's respiration (finding)
- Compensated respiratory acidosis (disorder)
- Hyperchloremic acidosis associated with dialysis (disorder)
- Metabolic acidosis and metabolic alkalosis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E87.2 - Acidosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E87.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 276.2 was previously used, E87.2 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.