ICD-10-CM Code N64.89
Other specified disorders of breast
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N64.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified disorders of breast. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N648 is used to code Galactocele
A galactocele (also: lacteal cyst or milk cyst) is a retention cyst containing milk or a milky substance that is usually located in the mammary glands. It is caused by a protein plug that blocks off the outlet. It is seen in lactating women on cessation of lactation. Once lactation has ended the cyst should resolve on its own without intervention. A galactocele does not cause infection as the milk within is sterile and has no outlet for which to become contaminated. Attempts to drain the cyst are unsuccessful because the protein plug remains intact and milk production continues. It presents as a large, soft, fluctuating lump in the lower part of breast. It is not usually painful. Treatment is by aspiration of the contents or by excision of the cyst. Antibiotics are given to prevent infection.
|ICD 9 Codes:||611.5, 611.89|
Coding Notes for N64.89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Subinvolution of breast (postlactational)
- DRG Group #597-601 - Malignant breast disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Malignant breast disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Malignant breast disorders without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Non-malignant breast disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Non-malignant breast disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Breast hematoma (disorder)
- Postoperative hematoma of breast (disorder)
- Delayed development of the breasts (finding)
- Abnormal breast function (finding)
- Seroma of breast as complication of procedure (disorder)
- Usual hyperplasia of lactiferous duct (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N64.89 - Other specified disorders of breast'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N64.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N64.89 and a single ICD9 code, 611.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.