ICD-10-CM Code Q32.1
Other congenital malformations of trachea
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
POA Exempt CodeThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires medical coders to indicate whether or not a condition was present at the time of admission, in order to properly assign MS-DRG codes. This "Present On Admission" (POA) indicator is recorded on CMS form 4010A.
Q32.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other congenital malformations of trachea. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
POA Indicators on CMS form 4010A are as follows:
|Indicator||Meaning||CMS Will Pay CC/MCC DRG Costs|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission||Yes|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission||No|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||No|
|W||Clinically undetermined. Provider unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||Yes|
|1||Exempt from POA reporting||No|
The ICD code Q321 is used to code Laryngotracheal stenosis
Laryngotracheal stenosis refers to abnormal narrowing of the central air passageways. This can occur at the level of the larynx, trachea, carina or main bronchi. In a small number of patients narrowing may be present in more than one anatomical location.
|MeSH Codes:||D014135, D014135|
|ICD 9 Codes:||519.19, 748.3|
This condition can also be referred to as subglottic or tracheal stenosis.
Coding Notes for Q32.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Atresia of trachea
- Congenital anomaly of tracheal cartilage
- Congenital dilatation of trachea
- Congenital malformation of trachea
- Congenital stenosis of trachea
- Congenital tracheocele
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Congenital stenosis of trachea (disorder)
- Agenesis of larynx, trachea and bronchus (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q32.1 - Other congenital malformations of trachea'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q32.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code Q32.1 and a single ICD9 code, 748.3 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.