ICD-10-CM Code S09
Other and unspecified injuries of head
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S09 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of S09 that describes the diagnosis 'other and unspecified injuries of head' in more detail.
- S09 Other and unspecified injuries of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.0 of NON-BILLABLE
- S09.1 and of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.10 Unspecified injury of muscle and tendon of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.11 Strain of muscle and tendon of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.12 Laceration of muscle and tendon of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.19 Other specified injury of muscle and tendon of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.2 of NON-BILLABLE
- S09.20 Traumatic rupture of unspecified ear drum NON-BILLABLE
- S09.21 Traumatic rupture of right ear drum NON-BILLABLE
- S09.22 Traumatic rupture of left ear drum NON-BILLABLE
- S09.3 Other and unspecified of NON-BILLABLE
- S09.30 Unspecified injury of middle and inner ear NON-BILLABLE
- S09.31 Primary blast injury of ear NON-BILLABLE
- S09.39 Other specified injury of middle and inner ear NON-BILLABLE
- S09.8 Other injuries of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.9 and head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.90 Unspecified injury of head NON-BILLABLE
- S09.91 Unspecified injury of ear NON-BILLABLE
- S09.92 Unspecified injury of nose NON-BILLABLE
- S09.93 Unspecified injury of face NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for S09 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category See Code S09
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S09 - Other and unspecified injuries of head'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S09. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Injury (see: specified injury type) +