ICD-10-CM Code S67.4
Crushing injury of wrist and hand
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S67.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of S67.4 that describes the diagnosis 'crushing injury of wrist and hand' in more detail.
- S67.4 Crushing injury of wrist and hand NON-BILLABLE
- S67.40 Crushing injury of unspecified wrist and hand NON-BILLABLE
- S67.41 Crushing injury of right wrist and hand NON-BILLABLE
- S67.42 Crushing injury of left wrist and hand NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for S67.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Crushing injury of hand alone - instead, use code S67.2-
- Crushing injury of wrist alone - instead, use code S67.3-
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Crushing injury of fingers - instead, use code S67.1-
- Crushing injury of thumb - instead, use code S67.0-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S67.4 - Crushing injury of wrist and hand'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S67.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.