ICD-10-CM Code Z89
Acquired absence of limb
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z89 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of Z89 that describes the diagnosis 'acquired absence of limb' in more detail.
- Z89 Acquired absence of limb NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.0 Acquired absence of NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.1 Acquired absence of NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.2 Acquired absence of limb NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.20 Acquired absence of upper limb, unspecified level NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.21 Acquired absence of upper limb below elbow NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.22 Acquired absence of upper limb above elbow NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.23 Acquired absence of shoulder NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.4 Acquired absence of NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.5 Acquired absence of NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.6 Acquired absence of NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z89.9 Acquired absence of
Coding Notes for Z89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Amputation status
- Postprocedural loss of limb
- Post-traumatic loss of limb
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z89 - Acquired absence of limb'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.