ICD-10-CM Code Z90.7
Acquired absence of genital organ(s)
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z90.7 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of Z90.7 that describes the diagnosis 'acquired absence of genital organ(s)' in more detail.
- Z90.7 Acquired absence of genital organ(s) NON-BILLABLE
- Z90.71 Acquired absence of NON-BILLABLE
- Z90.72 Acquired absence of NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z90.79 Acquired absence of genital organ(s)
Coding Notes for Z90.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Personal history of sex reassignment - instead, use code Z87.890
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Female genital mutilation status - instead, use code N90.81-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z90.7 - Acquired absence of genital organ(s)'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z90.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.