ICD-10-CM Code Z96
Presence of other functional implants
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z96 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of Z96 that describes the diagnosis 'presence of other functional implants' in more detail.
- Z96 Presence of other functional implants NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z96.0 Presence of implants
- BILLABLE Z96.1 Presence of
- Z96.2 Presence of implants NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z96.3 Presence of
- Z96.4 Presence of implants NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z96.5 Presence of implants
- Z96.6 Presence of implants NON-BILLABLE
- Z96.60 Presence of unspecified orthopedic joint implant BILLABLE
- Z96.61 Presence of artificial shoulder joint NON-BILLABLE
- Z96.62 Presence of artificial elbow joint NON-BILLABLE
- Z96.63 Presence of artificial wrist joint NON-BILLABLE
- Z96.64 Presence of artificial hip joint NON-BILLABLE
- Z96.65 Presence of artificial knee joint NON-BILLABLE
- Z96.66 Presence of artificial ankle joint NON-BILLABLE
- Z96.69 Presence of other orthopedic joint implants NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z96.7 Presence of other implants
- Z96.8 Presence of other functional implants NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z96.9 Presence of functional
Coding Notes for Z96 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Complications of internal prosthetic devices, implants and grafts - instead, use Section T82-T85
- Fitting and adjustment of prosthetic and other devices - instead, use Section Z44-Z46
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z96 - Presence of other functional implants'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z96. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.