ICD-10-CM Code C11
Malignant neoplasm of nasopharynx
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C11 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of C11 that describes the diagnosis 'malignant neoplasm of nasopharynx' in more detail.
- C11 Malignant neoplasm of nasopharynx NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code C11 is used to code Head and neck cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer that starts in the lip, oral cavity (mouth), nasal cavity (inside the nose), paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx or parotid glands.
|MeSH Codes:||D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258, D006258|
|ICD 9 Codes:||140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149|
Coding Notes for C11 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C11 - Malignant neoplasm of nasopharynx'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C11. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.