ICD-10-CM Code C41.0
Malignant neoplasm of bones of skull and face
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
C41.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of bones of skull and face. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code C41 is used to code Bone tumor
A bone tumor, (also spelled bone tumour), is a neoplastic growth of tissue in bone. Abnormal growths found in the bone can be either benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous).
|ICD 9 Code:||170.9|
Micrograph of an osteosarcoma, a malignant primary bone tumor.
Coding Notes for C41.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Malignant neoplasm of maxilla (superior)
- Malignant neoplasm of orbital bone
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Carcinoma, any type except intraosseous or odontogenic of:
- Maxillary sinus - instead, use code C31.0
- Upper jaw - instead, use code C03.0
- Malignant neoplasm of jaw bone (lower) - instead, use code C41.1
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with MCC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig with CC.
- DRG Group #542-544 - Pathological fractures and musculoskelet and connective tissue malig without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Malignant tumor of middle ear and mastoid (disorder)
- Primary malignant neoplasm of palatine bone (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C41.0 - Malignant neoplasm of bones of skull and face'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C41.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'C41.0 - Malignant neoplasm of bones of skull and face'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C41.0. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 170.0 was previously used, C41.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.