ICD-10-CM Code C83.0
Small cell B-cell lymphoma
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C83.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of C83.0 that describes the diagnosis 'small cell b-cell lymphoma' in more detail.
- C83.0 Small cell B-cell lymphoma NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C83.00 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.01 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.02 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.03 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.04 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.05 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.06 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.07 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.08 Small cell B-cell
- BILLABLE C83.09 Small cell B-cell
The ICD code C83 is used to code Tumors of the hematopoietic and lymphoid tissues
Tumors of the hematopoietic and lymphoid tissues or haematopoietic and lymphoid malignancies are tumors that affect the blood, bone marrow, lymph, and lymphatic system. As those elements are all intimately connected through both the circulatory system and the immune system, a disease affecting one will often affect the others as well, making myeloproliferation and lymphoproliferation (and thus the leukemias and the lymphomas) closely related and often overlapping problems.
|MeSH Codes:||D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337, D019337|
|ICD 9 Codes:||200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209|
Micrograph of a plasmacytoma, a hematological malignancy
Coding Notes for C83.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma
- Nodal marginal zone lymphoma
- Non-leukemic variant of B-CLL
- Splenic marginal zone lymphoma
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia - instead, use code C91.1
- Mature T/NK-cell lymphomas - instead, use code C84.-
- Waldenström macroglobulinemia - instead, use code C88.0
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C83.0 - Small cell B-cell lymphoma'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C83.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.