ICD-10-CM Code C83.5
Lymphoblastic (diffuse) lymphoma
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C83.5 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of C83.5 that describes the diagnosis 'lymphoblastic (diffuse) lymphoma' in more detail.
- C83.5 Lymphoblastic (diffuse) lymphoma NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C83.50 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.51 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.52 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.53 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.54 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.55 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.56 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.57 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.58 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
- BILLABLE C83.59 Lymphoblastic (diffuse)
The ICD code C835 is used to code Precursor B-cell lymphoblastic leukemia
Precursor B-cell lymphoblastic leukemia is a form of lymphoid leukemia in which too many B-cell lymphoblasts (immature white blood cells) are found in the blood and bone marrow. It is the most common type of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). It is sometimes additionally classified as a lymphoma, as designated leukemia/lymphoma.
A Wright's stained bone marrow aspirate smear from a person with precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Coding Notes for C83.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- B-precursor lymphoma
- Lymphoblastic B-cell lymphoma
- Lymphoblastic lymphoma NOS
- Lymphoblastic T-cell lymphoma
- T-precursor lymphoma
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C83.5 - Lymphoblastic (diffuse) lymphoma'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C83.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.