ICD-10-CM Code D18.00
Hemangioma unspecified site
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D18.00 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hemangioma unspecified site. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D180 is used to code Capillary hemangioma
A capillary hemangioma (also known as an Infantile hemangioma, Strawberry hemangioma,:593 and Strawberry nevus) is the most common variant of hemangioma which appears as a raised, red, lumpy area of flesh anywhere on the body, though 83% occur on the head or neck area. These marks occur in about 10% of all births,:81 and usually appear between one and four weeks after birth. It may grow rapidly, before stopping and slowly fading. Some are gone by the age of 2, about 60% by 5 years, and 90–95% by 9 years. Capillary hemangioma is a vascular anomaly.
|ICD 9 Code:||757.32|
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D18.00 - Hemangioma unspecified site'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D18.00. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 228.00 was previously used, D18.00 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.