ICD-10-CM Code J31
Chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and pharyngitis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code J31 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of J31 that describes the diagnosis 'chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and pharyngitis' in more detail.
- J31 Chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and pharyngitis NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for J31 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J31 - Chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and pharyngitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J31. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.