ICD-10-CM Code K59
Other functional intestinal disorders
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K59 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of K59 that describes the diagnosis 'other functional intestinal disorders' in more detail.
- K59 Other functional intestinal disorders NON-BILLABLE
- K59.0 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K59.1
- BILLABLE K59.2
- BILLABLE K59.3
- BILLABLE K59.4
- BILLABLE K59.8 Other functional intestinal disorders
- BILLABLE K59.9 intestinal
Coding Notes for K59 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Change in bowel habit NOS - instead, use code R19.4
- Intestinal malabsorption - instead, use code K90.-
- Psychogenic intestinal disorders - instead, use code F45.8
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Functional disorders of stomach - instead, use code K31.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K59 - Other functional intestinal disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K59. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.