ICD-10-CM Code K31
Other diseases of stomach and duodenum
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K31 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of K31 that describes the diagnosis 'other diseases of stomach and duodenum' in more detail.
- K31 Other diseases of stomach and duodenum NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K31.0 of stomach
- BILLABLE K31.1
- BILLABLE K31.2 of stomach
- BILLABLE K31.3
- BILLABLE K31.4
- BILLABLE K31.5 of duodenum
- BILLABLE K31.6 of stomach and duodenum
- BILLABLE K31.7 of stomach and duodenum
- K31.8 Other diseases of stomach and duodenum NON-BILLABLE
- K31.81 Angiodysplasia of stomach and duodenum NON-BILLABLE
- K31.82 Dieulafoy lesion (hemorrhagic) of stomach and duodenum BILLABLE
- K31.83 Achlorhydria BILLABLE
- K31.84 Gastroparesis BILLABLE
- K31.89 Other diseases of stomach and duodenum BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K31.9 of stomach and
The ICD code K31 is used to code Stomach disease
The stomach is an important organ in the body. It plays a vital role in digestion of foods, releases various enzymes and also protects the lower intestine from harmful organisms. The stomach connects to the esophagus above and to the small intestine below. It is intricately related to the pancreas, spleen and liver. The stomach does vary in size but its J shape is constant. The stomach lies in the upper part of the abdomen just below the left rib cage.
|ICD 9 Code:||536.750|
The location of the stomach in the body.
Coding Notes for K31 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Functional disorders of stomach
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Diabetic gastroparesis (E08.43, E09.43, E10.43, E11.43, E13.43) - instead, use code E08.43
- Diverticulum of duodenum (K57.00-K57.13) - instead, use code K57.00-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K31 - Other diseases of stomach and duodenum'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K31. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.