ICD-10-CM Code C46
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C46 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of C46 that describes the diagnosis 'kaposi's sarcoma' in more detail.
- C46 Kaposi's sarcoma NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C46.0 Kaposi's sarcoma
- BILLABLE C46.1 Kaposi's sarcoma
- BILLABLE C46.2 Kaposi's sarcoma
- BILLABLE C46.3 Kaposi's sarcoma
- BILLABLE C46.4 Kaposi's sarcoma
- C46.5 Kaposi's sarcoma NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C46.7 Kaposi's sarcoma
- BILLABLE C46.9 Kaposi's
The ICD code C46 is used to code Vascular tissue neoplasm
A vascular tissue neoplasm is a tumor arising from endothelial cells, the cells that line the wall of blood vessels and lymphatic vessels, as well as the heart. Vascular tissue neoplasms is a group containing tumors with the same tissue origin; in other words, it denotes histological classification, rather than anatomic (i.e. where in the body the neoplasm is found) or clinical one. They can occur everywhere in the body where vessels are to be found.
|MeSH Codes:||D009383, D009383, D009383, D009383|
|ICD 9 Codes:||171, 176, 215, 238.1|
Coding Notes for C46 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Any human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease See Section B20
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C46 - Kaposi's sarcoma'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C46. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.