ICD-10-CM Code D02
Carcinoma in situ of middle ear and respiratory system
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code D02 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of D02 that describes the diagnosis 'carcinoma in situ of middle ear and respiratory system' in more detail.
- D02 Carcinoma in situ of middle ear and respiratory system NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE D02.0 Carcinoma in situ of
- BILLABLE D02.1 Carcinoma in situ of
- D02.2 Carcinoma in situ of and NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE D02.3 Carcinoma in situ of respiratory system
- BILLABLE D02.4 Carcinoma in situ of respiratory
Coding Notes for D02 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Melanoma in situ - instead, use code D03.-
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D02 - Carcinoma in situ of middle ear and respiratory system'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D02. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.