ICD-10-CM Code K11.8
Other diseases of salivary glands
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K11.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other diseases of salivary glands. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K118 is used to code Necrotizing sialometaplasia
Necrotizing sialometaplasia (NS) is a benign, ulcerative lesion, usually located towards the back of the hard palate. It is thought to be caused by ischemic necrosis (death of tissue due to lack of blood supply) of minor salivary glands in response to trauma. Often painless, the condition is self-limiting and should heal in 6–10 weeks.
|MeSH Codes:||D012797, D008882|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 527.1|
Coding Notes for K11.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Benign lymphoepithelial lesion of salivary gland
- Mikulicz' disease
- Necrotizing sialometaplasia
- Stenosis of salivary duct
- Stricture of salivary duct
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Sicca syndrome [Sjögren] - instead, use code M35.0-
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Benign lymphoepithelial lesion of salivary gland (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Possible requirement for causative disease code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K11.8 - Other diseases of salivary glands'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K11.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K11.8 and a single ICD9 code, 527.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.