ICD-10-CM Code K62
Other diseases of anus and rectum
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K62 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of K62 that describes the diagnosis 'other diseases of anus and rectum' in more detail.
- K62 Other diseases of anus and rectum NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K62.0
- BILLABLE K62.1
- BILLABLE K62.2
- BILLABLE K62.3
- BILLABLE K62.4 of anus and rectum
- BILLABLE K62.5 of anus and rectum
- BILLABLE K62.6 of anus and rectum
- BILLABLE K62.7
- K62.8 Other diseases of anus and rectum NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K62.9 of anus and
Coding Notes for K62 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Anal canal
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Colostomy and enterostomy malfunction (K94.0-, K94.1-) - instead, use code K94.0-
- Fecal incontinence - instead, use code R15.-
- Hemorrhoids - instead, use code K64.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K62 - Other diseases of anus and rectum'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K62. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.