ICD-10-CM Code Q15
Other congenital malformations of eye
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Q15 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of Q15 that describes the diagnosis 'other congenital malformations of eye' in more detail.
- Q15 Other congenital malformations of eye NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Q15.0
- BILLABLE Q15.8 Other congenital malformations of eye
- BILLABLE Q15.9 of
Coding Notes for Q15 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital nystagmus - instead, use code H55.01
- Ocular albinism - instead, use code E70.31-
- Optic nerve hypoplasia - instead, use code H47.03-
- Retinitis pigmentosa - instead, use code H35.52
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Q15 - Other congenital malformations of eye'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Q15. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.